Hey, guess what… It’s already July! I know what you are thinking, but don’t worry there is still plenty of time to soak up the sun, relax on a patio, eat ice cream, and wear your favorite sundress before the leaves start to change. However, with summer going so fast I decided it was time to get serious and make a plan of attack to make sure I enjoy these summer days, and nights, to their fullest! We have been making it out to the farmer’s market as much as possible, but there is so much more I could be doing. Part of keeping on top of my self care goals includes actually taking time to do the things I want to do, so here is my summer bucket list (and hopefully in fall I can come back and tell you I did them all! Hopefully)!
- Spend time unplugged at the lake. So, this we do actually have a cabin trip planned, but I want to make sure I am on top of all of my work and Rosy Point of View stuff so that I can unplug as much as possible and just enjoy! Wish me luck.
- Go to Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream: I am a Chicago girl and I always hear about this place, but I still haven’t gone! Jeni’s is in many major cities but if there isn’t one in your town, there probably is some cool local ice cream shop you should visit this summer!
- On that same note, I want to make ice cream!!! Anyone have any easy recipes I can try?
- Have a BBQ with friends. We are getting my dad’s old grill since he just upgraded and I always love a good excuse to throw a party!
- Go Kayaking. Hopefully this will be squeezed into that cabin trip I mentioned but I would love to do more as well.
- Make it to the top of the rock climbing wall. Recently I shared on Instagram that I have started indoor rock climbing (which will definitely be a post someday), but I still haven’t worked up the nerve to make it to the top of the 60 foot wall.
- Reconnect with an old friend. I have to admit I may not be the best at keeping in touch with people, but as soon as we reconnect, it is usually just like old times. Lately I have noticed I really haven’t been good at staying in touch, so I am setting a goal to reconnect with at least one person! We all need a support system behind us!
- Go Hiking! We went to Starved Rock in the spring, but I would love to get out in nature some more!
- Attend at least one yoga workshop!
- And last but not least, Keep on schedule for this blog! We are still a very new and small community, so this is no time to get side tracked. Although that probably doesn’t sound like a fun summer goal, but I started Rosy Point of View as a method of being accountable for my self care and a way to connect with a community (you!). I want to keep sharing what I learn and learn from you!
Let me know what is on your summer bucket list in the comments! I need more ideas!