Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Today I will gather with my family but I have been thinking a lot lately about what I am grateful for. This time of year is my favorite! I can celebrate family and friendship, take a little extra time for myself, pick out special gifts (maybe a few for myself too), and decorate! This year I have been trying to focus on my resolution of self-care. Part of self-care is also taking care of your mind. Recently I came across a recommendation to start my day by thinking of 5 things I am thankful for, hopefully helping to start my day on the right foot. So today as I sit down with my loved ones and eat copious amounts of pie I thought I would share a list of things I am thankful for!
- My Family, whom support me in all my adventures. This not only includes my parents and rest of my family, but also extends to Matt and his family as well.
- My Job, although there are some days I don’t wake up excited for what lies ahead, I do like being involved in research and on top of that I like the life it provides for me.
- Audio Books, they help make my commute bearable and turns two hours a day back into useable time! In just a few weeks I have restarted the Harry Potter series (finished book one and two), listened to a new book The Nest, and listened to The Hobbit. I’m feeling very accomplished. This might be a very small thing in comparison to the others but makes life better!
- Coffee and Tea… for obvious reasons such as caffeine and the warm feeling they give you, but also the taste… and the conversations over sharing a cup.
- You all! You have excepted my voice and this creative outlet! So Thank you!
Let me know what you are grateful for today!
P.S. I have started to decorate for Christmas, how about you?